Tuesday 28 July 2015

Singapore Stock Market Decline Today

The stock market today seems to have dropped quite a fair bit, with all of the ST Market Indices down today, possibly due in part to the Shanghai Composite Index falling over 8% yesterday and another 1.68% today. I think that this is a good time to do some review on my thoughts of shares (also before their quarter financial statements come up) so I'll just cover the prices of some of the shares that I've covered previously and give any updates that I may have on them

(Image source: http://www.davidicke.com/headlines/66843-crash-alert-the-stock-market-is-falling-like-a-stone/)

Going to look at this share first. Not sure why, but shares that I invest in seem to drop after I buy them (in quite a short period of time, but then again, not much experience and don't trade frequently). It's currently at $1.27, but there's been nothing new that I've been able to catch on the company that would affect its current share price, but saw an article (written early this year) that it has its order book is able to cover 1.8 years of shipbuilding revenue (forecasted 2015 revenue), which seems good, so I still quite like this share personally.

Jardine C&C

Read more at: Jardine C&C on its slide down

I was also considering this company with the recent steep fall in its share price. I prefer YZJ as I think that it has better growth prospects over Jardine C&C (which may face a decrease due to the slowdown of the Indonesian economy), as well as its lower P/E ratio. The share price of this company has now dropped below $30 to $29.95. It may be worth the price if the Indonesian economy is able to turn around, which would help to boost the earnings of its subsidiary, Astra, from which it derives a large part of its profits. Is this a good time to pick up this blue-chip at a discount? 

SGX

Read more at: Is SGX Overpriced?

The share has been dropping from a recent peak of above $8.50, but today has fallen back to $8.07. Still think that its an overvalued share, with a P/E ratio of above 25

UOB Kay Hian

Read more at: UOB Kay Hian - Good Buy with Weakness in Trading Volume?

Also no news on this share as it stayed around the $1.50 price, ending the day at $1.495. The P/E ratio is around 15, which considering that it's in the same industry as SGX, seems like a good investment in comparison. There may be more risks, such as loss of market share, but with the increased geographical diversification with exposure to trading volume in markets such as Thailand and Hong Kong, the risk involved may be only slightly less or even the same.

Anyway, that's all for these shares, now I shall await their quarterly results for those that end on 30 June and then I may have to rethink some of my thoughts on these shares

If you have enjoyed this post and would like to receive notifications on new posts, please subscribe to my blog via email

1 comment :

  1. Singapore Exchange reported on Wednesday a 24.3 per cent year-on-year rise in net profit to S$96.22 million for the fourth quarter ended June 30, 2015.

    ReplyDelete