Sunday 6 March 2016

Missed the Boat..... Again!

Just 2 weeks ago I was still debating whether I should be getting Keppel and more of Sembcorp Industries, but it seems that I may have missed the boat again. From somewhere around $2.60 for Sembcorp 2 weeks ago to its current $3.14 and just about $5 to above $6 now for Keppel. Sigh, maybe I acted too slowly, so what should I be doing now?
Since I previously had some Sembcorp Industries shares, albeit bought before the collapse to the lowest of $2.16 (I got it at $3.05), this sudden jump is also good for me in a way, but I was hoping to get some more of the two companies' shares before they increase since they seemed quite good value (especially Keppel with a much larger dividend payout which reduces my invested amount).

But anyway, with my limited funds, I would most likely have been able to get only a few lots of either company. In any case, my idea now is to sell Sembcorp Industries if it continues rising then use the proceeds from divesting it to invest in Hock Lian Seng (see my post on it here), which has not increased much over the last week and may present a better opportunity for the time being, until Sembcorp Industries or Keppel suffers another drop in their share prices.

Crossing my fingers that Hock Lian Seng doesn't shoot up just as suddely so there's at least one good opportunity out there.

If you have enjoyed this post and would like to receive notifications on new posts, you can subscribe to my blog via email or like this blog's Facebook page

3 comments :

  1. ok lah. Big ship hasn't arrived. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi createwealth8888,

      Hopefully when it does come we won't miss it :)

      Delete
  2. I missed it too and sold my Keppel too early.

    ReplyDelete