Thursday 20 August 2015

Singapore Stock Market This Week

For the past three weeks, I've shared on the stock market, I'm thinking of continuing this (maybe making it a more permanent on the blog?) The previous posts can be seen here at: More Volatility in the Market, Some Thoughts on the Stock Market Today and Singapore Stock Market Decline Today. In this post, I'm going to share three of the companies that I've been watching this week.



(Image source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stock_market)

Ezion

This is one of the companies that I've highlights in my posts on Thoughts on Oil and Gas Companies. Its second quarter results have been a drop from the previous year, dropping almost 40% (in USD terms). But the USD has gone up against the SGD, so the drop is not as bad as it seems originally and the last twelve months (LTM) has not been very bad with the company, with a drop of around 10% of profit in USD compared to the whole of 2014. But, as mentioned in the Thoughts on Oil and Gas Companies, it has quite a lot of debt, some in the form of convertible securities. 

What got my interest in this company is its fall from grace from a price hovering around $1 a share, which was around last month to the current price of $0.55. The oil price dropping in the last week may have had something to do with the share's price dropping from the start of this week at $0.73 to the current $0.55. But I'm not the most optimistic person about an oil price rebound so I'm just taking a more wait-and-see approach to this share.

M1

This is a share which I've mentioned previously, in one of my first posts at Telco Woes. Recently, it's fallen below $3 per share and it's dividend yield has gone up. It's second quarter report does not seem to have a large change from the previous year, so I don't see much reason for the sudden drop. I also haven't heard of any news on the fourth telco, so if it is not introduced, this may be a good dividend yielding share at its current price (especially since I'm not a big fan of REITs at the moment)

Baker Technology

This is a company that I have yet to mention in any of my posts. It has around 90% of its market cap in cash alone, with no long-term debt and less than 10% of that cash in liabilities. While it is an oil and gas share, it has quite a large cash reserve, which may be of interest. If the company is going to use the money for expansion or to pay out to its shareholders in the form of a dividend (it has paid out special dividends before), this would be a very attractive investment, but as it stands, a P/E ratio of 10 is quite prohibitive especially for an oil and gas company. (I may do a more in-depth analysis on this company in the near future).


These are the three companies which I have found most worthwhile watching for the past week, I don't think I'll push on to invest in them unless their share prices continue to fall though. 

If you have enjoyed this post and would like to receive notifications on new posts, you can subscribe to my blog via email or like our Facebook page

No comments :

Post a Comment